How to create my virtual event ?
Why should I broadcast my show on Shotgun Stream ?
Shotgun's streaming platform is meant for : 100% social interactions, 0% censure.
- Donation & Merchandising: You can make your stream paid, free or based on donation, you can also sell merchandising !
- Chat, Dancerooms, Wall of Fame: Boost your live with tons of hot social features !
- Multi-stages: You can run several stages simultaneously and create a variety of atmosphere
- Replay & visibility: host your event for free and benefit from being promoted to our audience, 500,000 registered users and over one million hits per month.
Checklist : What you need before processing the creation of your stream
💻 A powerful computer
📹 A webcam or a smartphone's camera with the best quality as possible, completed if possible with a mobile camera for better videos
📡 A goood wired connection (no wifi) - test your connection - if you cant connect your computer to your router, you can use an AC network adapter which will always be more stable than WiFi ;)
💾 A streaming software like OBS Studio (download for free)
📀 A external soundcard (recommended)
⛓ XLR or TRS cable
🔇 A short video trailer (no sound) 1000x1000px
🖼 A visual 1000x1000px
🎤👩🎤💡And of course, everything to rock the show (instrumental setup, light, scenography, ... )!
1. Set up your stream on OBS Studio
- If you have an external sound card:
- Connect your soundcard to your computer and to your mixer using XLR or TRS cables;
- Open OBS and configure the audio settings:
- Settings -> Audio -> Micro / Auxiliary Audio -> define your sound card
- On your sound card's audio source, adjust the volume between -25 db and -20 db to keep the sound clear. Cut or remove the "microphone" source to avoid echoes or ambient noise.
- If you don't have an external sound card:
- Open OBS and check the audio settings:
- Adjust the volume between -25 db and -20 db in order to keep a clean sound
Create a new Source, to the existing Scene
- If you are using an external webcam or camera
- Rename your scene
- Create a "Video Capture Device" source
- Select the webcam/camera in the "Device" drop-down menu
- "OK" ✅
- If you are using a smartphone as the video source
- Download **Shoot - Clean Camera Feed** application;
- Connect your smartphone to your computer via USB;
- Rename your Scene;
- Create "Video Capture Device" source;
- Select your smartphone from the "Device" drop-down menu;
- "OK" ✅
Remember to turn off notifications and automatic standby!
2. Create your stream on Shotgun in 5 steps ! 🚀
- Sign up here and confirm your submission
- Log in to access your Smartboard, this is where you will manage awesome thing ! Go in "Event" section and click on "create event", choose "livestream event"
- You can import all informations from a Facebook event, otherwise, fill in all the informations (date, description, visuals, tags)
- Set up your stage(s) by connecting your broadcasting system with Shotgun. In OBS, click on Settings → Stream → Service :
- Service: set to Custom
- Server: copy / paste the server address provided by Shotgun
- Stream Key: copy / paste the Stream key provided by Shotgun
- Publish ! Your stream is ready to go, a countdown will run on your virtual stage until the show begin, now spread the word ! 👏
🙊 Some tips (on OBS)
Add logos / photos / slideshow / GIF...:
- Create sources
- Manage the superposition of sources
Trigger the stream with X seconds delay:
- Settings -> Advanced
- Stream delay -> Activated -> set to X seconds
Save content for later transmission:
- Perform the same parameters
- “Record video”
SELL OUT YOUR EVENT.
We are a human size company with a global team dispatched in our offices in France (Paris, Marseille), in Iberia (Lisbon), in Brazil (São Paulo) and in the US (New York, Miami).