Data Analyst - Junior
🥳 Shotgun: What, Why, How & Where
Visit our Work at Shotgun page to learn more about what we do!
Shotgun is a worldwide event marketplace that enables live event organizers to create amazing events and distribute tickets to evolving communities of users, in France, Brazil, Spain, USA or Mexico.
We've built an intuitive software to help organizers build and grow their community and make the right decisions all throughout their journey. Shotgun allows them to refocus on what really matters to them: artistic direction and event production.
In a world where going out has become a way of life, the mobile application Shotgun is the go-to destination for young people to discover events, buy and resell tickets. We're building the platform that connects millions of fans to event producers and artists. Our mission is to make people live amazing experiences in the real world. Shotgun is the platform for people who live outside: we are the marketplace where social lives are organized.
About the role
Shotgun is scaling - fast. We are expanding in new geographies, launching new businesses, and creating new teams from scratch. To be successful, we will need to cut through the noise and look at everything we do with an analytical mindset, leaving no stone unturned.
We’re looking for junior data analyst to support both business and product teams to make sure they make data informed decisions. You’ll also contribute to building the data platform to democratize data driven workflows in the company as well as design, run and analyse results of state of the art experiments.
What you will do
- You will assist product and business teams in their decision making process running ad-hoc analysis deep diving into the unclear. By doing so you will propose KPIs to best monitor both our business and product.
- You will automate data transformation process to make sure other team members can rerun easily most of your analytical work without the data wrangling hustle.
- You will handle the end to end lifecycle of new product features designing success monitoring and associated tracking plan, setting up automated monitoring dashboard and running success analysis. You will deep dive in what worked, what didn’t and propose improvements based on your conclusion
- You will plan, design and analyse state of the art product A/B experiments around features that could dramatically impact user experience.
- You will propose and experiment with machine learning models that could improve our operations or product based on findings you made in your daily work. However this will likely not represent most of your work.
The job is made for you if...
- 👩🏾🎓 You have a strong analytical mindset and a solid academic background
- 🕐 You ideally have a previous internship or experience in business analytics, quantitative analysis, operations or data analysis
- 👀 You are curious, open-minded, and able to think outside the box to get things done quickly and efficiently
- 🪄 You have solid SQL/Python skills - Experience with data analytics tools (Metabase, Tableau, Looker) is a plus, willingness to learn is a requirement
- 🌐 You are fluent in English and French, and are able to communicate with the team across multiple offices - Portuguese or Spanish a plus
- 💃 You are passionate about entertainment: it doesn't matter which industry, but entertaining people makes you happy: music, gaming, events,...
- 👪 Note to women : Shotgun as a company value gender and origin diversity not because it sells to applicants but most importantly because it is necessary to scale in a healthy manner and boost creativity. Problem is women tend to apply less often when they think they don’t match all job requirements. So if you think you’re not matching 100% of the requirements, no matter your gender, please apply 🙏
- 💰 Competitive compensation
- 45.000 €
- 🌎 Remote First
- While we have offices in Paris, Marseille, New York and Sao Paulo, you're free to work from anywhere you want, still being roughly in the same timezone than the rest of your team.
- ✈️ Team Off-sites you won't see elsewhere
- We organise every quarter an off-site to gather all team members: 2 to 3 days to mix workshops, master presentations, good food and obviously some nights out 🕺
- 🕺 Event Invitations
- Get invitations for the events of your choice
We like to move fast but want to give you a chance to meet as much team members as possible:
- Introductory meeting with our Head of data (1 hour)
- Bring Home Technical Test (1 week)
- Technical Test Debrief (1 hour)
- Culture fit interview with 2 team member (45 min)
- Meeting with our CEO (1 hour)
How to Apply
If this sounds like a good fit, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and send along your resume as well as (i) links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done, or (ii) at least a few bullet points explaining what you want to achieve at Shotgun and why you’d be the perfect candidate for this position.
SELL OUT YOUR EVENT.
We are a human size company with a global team dispatched in our offices in France (Paris, Marseille), in Iberia (Lisbon), in Brazil (São Paulo) and in the US (New York, Miami).