Data Analyst - Senior
Shotgun: What, Why, How & Where
Visit our Work at Shotgun page to learn more about what we do!
Shotgun is a worldwide event marketplace that enables live event organizers to create amazing events and distribute tickets to evolving communities of users, in France, Brazil, Spain, USA or Mexico.
We've built an intuitive software to help organizers build and grow their community and make the right decisions all throughout their journey. Shotgun allows them to refocus on what really matters to them: artistic direction and event production.
In a world where going out has become a way of life, the mobile application Shotgun is the go-to destination for young people to discover events, buy and resell tickets. We're building the platform that connects millions of fans to event producers and artists. Our mission is to make people live amazing experiences in the real world. Shotgun is the platform for people who live outside: we are the marketplace where social lives are organized.
About the role
Shotgun is scaling - fast. We are expanding in new geographies, launching new businesses, and creating new teams from scratch. To be successful, we will need to cut through the noise and look at everything we do with an analytical mindset, leaving no stone unturned.
We’re looking for senior data analyst to support both business and product teams to make sure they make data informed decisions. You’ll run in reactive and proactive in depth data analysis on product and business issues setting and sharing data analysis standards. You’ll also lead the data modelling effort, making sure no part of the product and business lies in the shadows and can be easily explored using data. You’ll effectively act as a lead in the analytics team to set and share high experimentation, monitoring and communication standards mentoring more junior profiles.
What you will do
- You will assist product and business teams in their decision making process running ad-hoc analysis deep diving into the unclear, making use of advanced data analysis techniques like PCA, Clustering and Monte Carlo Simulations when adequate. By doing so you will set and iterate over KPIs to best monitor key business and product areas.
- You will automate data transformation process to make sure other team members can rerun easily most of your analytical work without the data wrangling hustle. You’ll contribute to enforce high code quality and testing standards.
- You will handle the end to end lifecycle of new product features designing success monitoring and associated tracking plan, setting up automated monitoring dashboard and running success analysis. You will deep dive in what worked, what didn’t and propose improvements based on your conclusion. You’ll keep you informed of what new data is coming out in all areas to identify cross fields explorations it uncovers.
- You will plan, design and analyse state of the art product A/B experiments around features that could dramatically impact user experience. You’ll use your work as a playbook for more junior profile to design and run their own experiment, reviewing you peers experiment’s design to spot possible biases ans flaws.
The job is made for you if...
- 👩🏾🎓 You have a sharp analytical mindset and a solid academic background
- 🕐 You have 3+ years experience in a data related position (Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Analytics Engineer, you name it)
- 👀 You are curious, open-minded, and able to think outside the box to get things done quickly and efficiently
- 🪄 You have solid SQL skills - Experience with Python for data analytics being a plus (Pandas, NumPy etc)
- ⚙️ You ideally are familiar with the modern data stack (Fivetran/Airbyte/Stitch + DBT + Data Warehouse) or are at least confident with troubleshooting data inconsistencies linked to data pipelines.
- 📊 You’ve proven experience exploring data and building dynamic reportings and tools with modern BI systems like Mode, Looker, Metabase or Tableau
- 🌐 You are fluent in English and French, and are able to communicate with the team across multiple offices - Portuguese or Spanish a plus
- 💃 You are passionate about entertainment: it doesn't matter which industry, but entertaining people makes you happy: music, gaming, events,...
- 👪 Note to women : Shotgun as a company value gender and origin diversity not because it sells to applicants but most importantly because it is necessary to scale in a healthy manner and boost creativity. Problem is women tend to apply less often when they think they don’t match all job requirements. So if you think you’re not matching 100% of the requirements, no matter your gender, please apply 🙏
- 💰 Competitive compensation
- 55.000 €
- 🌎 Remote First
- While we have offices in Paris, Marseille, New York and Sao Paulo, you're free to work from anywhere you want, still being roughly in the same timezone than the rest of your team.
- ✈️ Team Off-sites you won't see elsewhere
- We organise every quarter an off-site to gather all team members: 2 to 3 days to mix workshops, master presentations, good food and obviously some nights out 🕺
- 🕺 Event Invitations
- Get invitations for the events of your choice
We like to move fast but want to give you a chance to meet as much team members as possible:
- Introductory meeting with our Head of data (1 hour)
- Live Technical Test (1 hour)
- Interview with our CPO (1 hour)
- Culture fit interview with 2 team member (45 min)
- Meeting with our CEO (1 hour)
How to Apply
If this sounds like a good fit, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and send along your resume as well as (i) links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done, or (ii) at least a few bullet points explaining what you want to achieve at Shotgun and why you’d be the perfect candidate for this position.
SELL OUT YOUR EVENT.
We are a human size company with a global team dispatched in our offices in France (Paris, Marseille), in Iberia (Lisbon), in Brazil (São Paulo) and in the US (New York, Miami).